- 1,433 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 50 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 94 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,257 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 20,420 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 7.9% of these were positive
Local area data
- Public Health Scotland’s interactive dashboard now provides a map showing the number of cases in local areas, as well as trends for local authorities and NHS boards
- in the week ending 3 November, on average 2,853 NHS staff, or around 1.7% of the NHS workforce, reported absent each day for a range of reasons related to COVID-19.
- in the week ending 27 October, 1,062 staff were reported as absent in adult care homes due to COVID-19, based on returns received from 789 (73%) adult care homes. Staff absent due to COVID-19 represents 2.6% of all adult care home staff (40,996) for whom a return was provided.
- Cathie Sweeney, Dumbarton woman was first care worker to die.
- we have been notified by Health Boards or the Care Inspectorate of 7 deaths of healthcare workers and 15 deaths of social care workers, related to COVID-19, since the start of the pandemic. We are not able to confirm how many of these staff contracted COVID-19 through their work.