The National Union of Journalists still have some places available on next week’s courses:
COPYRIGHT & COMMISSIONING – 17 NOVEMBER 2020 (1Oam-12noon)
Copyright is the most wide-ranging of the intellectual property rights and is crucial for freelance journalists, writers, photographers and artists in making a living. It is also crucial for commissioning editors to ensure that they acquire all the rights they need.
This 2 hour course will cover:
- Protecting your own copyright and not breaching others’
- Originality, ownership, co-ownership
- Fair dealing for research & private study, criticism, review and news reporting
- Kill fees
- The rules of commissioning and, to quote Sam Goldwyn without permission, are
verbal contracts worth the paper they’re written on?
THE BOOK ROUTE – 17 & 18 NOVEMBER 2020 (1Oam-12noon)
This is 2 sessions of 120 minutes and will look at ways to get your project published. It will cover: Positioning your project in the market
Self or traditional publishing
Are agents worth their 15 percent?
COLLABORATIVE LEADERSHIP – 17 NOVEMBER 2020 (9.30am-11.30am weekly for 5 weeks)
Activities on the 5 session course are led by two tutors, one the Director of the Doctoral Programme in Counselling Psychology at Caledonian University, the other an expert in organisational cultures and non-confrontational methods of conflict resolution. The tutors lead participants through a series of teaching sessions and practical group activities. These include sessions on:
- The challenges within participants’ workplaces.
- The basic psychology of leadership.
- Other ways of leading: the Michigan Model.
- Listening and communication skills.
- Analysis of behavioural motivation and consideration of the Iceberg Model.
- Confidence, self-care and mindfulness
To check eligibility and book a place, please email me as soon as possible. Available places will be allocated on a ‘first come’ basis.
NUJ Training Scotland
Tel: 0141 251 0363 Mob: 07730 513991