We still have places remaining on the following courses taking place next week:
Advanced Internet Research – 23 January 2023 (10am-1.30pm)
On this course you will be shown how to:
- Get to the crux issues, find the clinching facts and identify key players. Get your tactics right to go further online, faster.
- Master advanced search engine skills to identify nuggets of information in seconds.
- Learn about the ‘hidden web’ and how you can identify and access key databases more quickly.
- Mine relevant information from facebook, twitter and social networks.
- Confidently monitor changing web content and breaking news.
- Push the boundaries with techniques and tactics for in-depth and investigative projects.
Feature Writing – 24 & 25 January 2023 (10am-1pm) both days
This course is for anyone who would benefit from understanding the principles and actions behind successful features. It covers writing with style for professional publications and includes sessions on building a story, structure, interviewing and pitching. Every aspect of writing outstanding features will be covered, from:
- Understanding your audience
- Publication and subject
- Research, writing and interview skills.
If you wish to book a place on either, please let me know.
Joan Macdonald, Training Manager, NUJ Training Scotland, 2nd Floor
177 West George Street, Glasgow G2 2LB
Direct Line: 0141 251 0363 Mob: 07730 513991