Archbishop Nolan, pictured above, recently made the following appointments in Glasgow and Dunbartonshire and intimates he is grateful to those involved for their readiness to accept a new office.
• Canon Gerald Sharkey, currently Administrator of the Cathedral, becomes parish priest of Saint Margaret’s and Our Holy Redeemer’s, Clydebank.
• Canon Andrew McKenzie, formerly of St Michael’s in Dumbarton and currently parish priest of Saint Joseph’s, Tollcross and Saint Joachim’s, Carmyle, becomes Administrator of Saint Andrew’s Metropolitan Cathedral.
• Canon Gerard Tartaglia, brother of the late Archbishop Philip Tartaglia, currently parish priest of Saint Margaret’s and Our Holy Redeemer parishes in Clydebank becomes parish priest of the parishes of Holy Family and Saint Ninian and Saint Flannan’s, Kirkintilloch, and Saint John of the Cross, Twechar. In due course an assistant priest will also be appointed to these parishes.
• Father Len Purcell steps down as parish priest of Saint Flannan’s, Kirkintilloch and Saint John of the Cross, Twechar, to take up a ministry in hospital chaplaincy.
• Father Stephen Hannah, currently parish priest of Holy Family and Saint Ninian’s, Kirkintilloch becomes parish priest of Saint Joseph’s Tollcross and Saint Joachim’s, Carmyle.
These appointments are all effective from 2nd September 2022.
• Father Chiedozie (Chido) Ezeribe (Diocese of Minna, Nigeria) has been appointed to Saint Andrew’s Cathedral.