Westcliff replaced Dennystown 50 years ago

They are demolishing parts of Westcliff in the West End of Dumbarton. The houses there were built more than 50 years ago and were allocated by the old Dumbarton Town Council to accommodate the residents of Dennystown – George Street, William Street, Leven Street, Levenhaugh Street and Rockhead Place. These pictures show how the town has moved on and moved on again. Our montage, in which the demolition pictures were taken by local man David Tait, shows the old Dennystown from the air with the Squares, the railway, Dalreoch Station and Dennystown Forge.  Westcliff pictures by David Tait

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, child
This picture (above) was posted on social media by Robert Patrick. It is of children playing in the street in Westcliff in the 1960s. Top Moira Patrick,  Tom Patrick, Peter Deeley,  Pat Deeley. Middle row – Billy Bowley,  Jenny Nugent, Maureen Deeley. Front row – Brian Bowley and Robert Patrick.

One comment

  1. Was born in number 16 William street in 1956, unfortunately don’t have any close up pictures of the street. Would love to see some.

Leave a Reply