Nominate West Dunbartonshire’s Local Heroes – Provost’s Civic Awards
Do you know someone that deserves recognition for their hard work or contribution to the local community?
West Dunbartonshire’s Provost is looking for people who have excelled in the following categories to honour them with a Civic Award. The winners will be celebrated at an awards dinner in August, have their names added to the boards at Clydebank Town Hall, and be guests of the Provost at the Queen’s annual garden party at Holyrood.
Arts and Culture Champion – sponsored by Morgan Sindall
The nominee can work in the arts in a voluntary or professional capacity. Typically they would have undertaken imaginative work in any one of the arts, such as drama, dance, music literature, the visual arts and crafts including photography and/or demonstrated good practice in the organisation of arts projects and events.
Sports Champion – sponsored by Water Wise Utilities
The nominee could have achieved recognition for their performances at local, national or international sport or contributed to local sports development or coaching.
Community/Voluntary Champion (Individual)
Nominations are sought from individuals based in West Dunbartonshire who have made a positive contribution to the local community. Examples could be new or additional activities that have led to an improved quality of life for the people of this area.
Community/Voluntary Champions (Team)
Similar to the individual requirement, nominations are sought from or community and voluntary groups that are run in the local area with the aim of improving lives for the residents of West Dunbartonshire.
Youth Champion sponsored by West College
Nominations are sought for young individuals who have excelled in any field or have made a significant contribution to their local community. The nominee must live in West Dunbartonshire and be under the age of 18 at the time of nomination.
Citizen of the Year sponsored by Wheatley Group
The Citizen of the Year will be selected by the Selection Panel from one of the successful nominees of the above categories.
Nominate your local hero of 2019 – NOMINATE NOW
Provost’s Civic Awards 2019 – terms and conditions
- The Provost’s Civic awards are free to enter.
- You may submit several entries across the categories however a separate submission must be made for each nomination.
- Entries will not be returned.
- We reserve the right to withdraw an award from any applicant supplying false information as part of their entry.
- All entries will be shared with the judging panel. Personal information provided as part of the entry submission will be treated as confidential and will only be used for the purposes of judging the competition.
- We reserve the right to use entry information in media coverage relating to the Awards. All information supplied as part of entries submitted may be included in media coverage.
- Please note that the judges’ decisions are final.
The closing date for entries is Friday 14 June 2019. We are unable to accept entries submitted after this date. Entries received after this date will not be entered into the awards. If you require the nomination form in another format please contact email@example.com
By registering and completing an entry for the awards you agree to the above terms and conditions.