Local hospitals – Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Gartnavel Royal; Royal Alexandra Hospital and Sick Children’s Hospital and (above) Vale of Leven Hospital.
Every patient in Scotland (where possible) is now able to have at least one visitor to enable family support while they are in hospital. This named visitor should not change frequently, unless for example the visitor is away or unwell. There is further information about the new visiting arrangements here.
We are now pleased to be able to offer the visiting information leaflet in several different languages. to ensure as many people as possible have access to information that they can understand and know what to expect when visiting to keep patients, families and staff as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Update: Information about visiting in alternative formats
Information about the current visiting arrangements is available in a visiting information leaflet. In addition to this, this leaflet is now available in alternative formats:
If you require this information in an alternative accessible format such as large print or Braille, or in a community language, please email: email@example.com
It is important for your safety and for the safety of patients and staff that you remember the FACTS safety measures:
- Face covering/mask must be worn at all times, unless there is a medical reason why you cannot.
- Avoid communal gatherings in public areas of the hospital. Take the stairs if possible to avoid congregating in lift lobbies. Your movement around other areas of the hospital must be limited as much as is reasonably possible
- Clean your hands using the hand sanitiser before and after you leave the ward or department and when you touch anything.
- Two metres distance should be maintained from others.
- Self-isolate – You MUST NOT attend if you are unwell, if you are a household contact or have otherwise been informed that you are a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 and have been advised to self-isolate or have to self-isolate for another reason.
As arrangements evolve, we will continue to communicate with you regularly, to keep you updated.
Thank you again for your support and understanding, and we look forward to safely welcoming nominated family and friends back into our hospitals.