Changes to bin collections in Helensburgh and Lomond
Please be aware that there will be changes to bin collections over the festive period.
There are also things you can do to help reduce the amount of waste going to landfill over this busy time.
As usual, paper, card, cans and plastic bottles/tubs/pots/trays can be placed in your recycling bins or bags. Please remember to rinse out the cans and plastics. Many types of Christmas paper and cards can also be recycled.
Unfortunately anything covered in glitter or foil-based paper cannot be recycled. If you want to check if the paper is foil, scrunch the paper up. If it springs back, then please put it in the general waste bin.
Refuse and recycling collections due on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays over the festive period will be collected 2 days later than normal as follows:
- Collections due on Wednesday 25 December will be collected on Friday 27 December.
- Collections due on Thursday 26 December will be collected on Saturday 28 December.
- Collections due on Friday 27 December will be collected on Sunday 29 December.
- Collections due on Wednesday 1 January will be collected on Friday 3 January.
- Collections due on Thursday 2 January will be collected on Saturday 4 January.
- Collections due on Friday 3 January will be collected on Sunday 5 January.
All other days will be collected as normal.
Blackhill recycling and civic amenity site will be closed on 25/26 December and 1/2 January.
Information is also available on the Council website and from your local office.